Saturday, February 6, 2010

FEARS AND TEARS

I fought my way back
To the far depths of my mind
I saw two peopleSitting on their throne
Welcoming those who came
To visit at their throne
Perhaps to see If king and queen
Might dain to come see
See their kingdom
But I saw something
An aloneness, a wasting
What was it
Ah, I do believe I see
Where lonesome eyes
Do wanderTo their own past
To a small boy and girl
Who loved and tried to love
Everything about them
It was not to be
The girl became an angel
So very early on, barely twelve
Hatred closed the door
On any kind of good life
The boy tried and cried
Cried and tried
But in the end, learned
He was told he was stupid
A criminal in the making
I learned to walk the line
I learned to hate
Just like my mother
So I left them to themselves
They saw the emptiness
As empty as my heart for them
Now I face that trial too
Children lost from happiness
Is there hatred there too
Perhaps..... I did learn well
Change, what a joke
I wanted the heritage to end
End with me and 'my own' life
It didn't, for like a very wet clay
It slipped through my fingers
Into my everyday
Now I must pay the price
I sit alone on my throne
At least to any one of them
I know the loneliness, I feel it
I will erase myself from memory
Perhaps that will end the legacy
Allow new children to laugh and love
Be happy, and live with love
.feb 6,2010 dave c

No comments: